What to bring
At Kingswood, we offer a mixture of high-adrenaline and fun, challenging activities in a comfortable and informal atmosphere, so only casual clothing is needed. Lots of old, comfortable, loose fitting clothing is best - especially if it's easy to wash! All safety equipment needed for specific activities is provided by us, and our Activity Leaders will advise of any specific clothing requirements before each activity.
For all family breaks and day visits, please ensure you bring:
- Plenty of old sweatshirts/fleeces
- Plenty of strong loose fitting trousers/tracksuit bottoms. Synthetic tracksuit style trousers are warmer and more comfortable than jeans when wet. Waterproof over trousers are perfect if you have them.
- Several changes of underwear and socks (long socks not ‘trainer’ socks are required for some activities)
- Changes of clothes for the evenings
- Long sleeved shirt/t-shirt required for some activities
- For all activities, please bring sturdy footwear for potentially wet or muddy activities
- (canvas/plastic/old trainers). Flip flops, crocs or open toes sandals are not suitable.
- For Climbing, Abseiling, Zipwire, Jacob’s ladder and Archery, please wear tops that cover the shoulders/shorts that cover the thighs
- If your itinerary includes watersports, please bring a fresh set of dry clothes to change into and swimwear to go under clothes
- Waterproof cagoule/jacket
- For all outdoor activities, please remember warm clothing in case of bad weather
- Sun hat, sunglasses and sunscreen (if required)
- Gloves (if required)
- Toiletries bag, shampoo, soap etc
- Torches (fun but not essential)
- Plastic water bottle
- As you will be sharing a room with your children, you may want to bring a head torch for reading under the covers!
Please note that bedding is provided in all accommodation but if you are staying in our safari style Adventure Lodges, please bring extra warm pyjamas or onesies!